Career Expert Cali Williams Yost recently wrote an article in Fast Company called 5 Insanely Simple Work-Life Balance Shortcuts From People Who “Have It All”. In the article she suggests:
- Make it your responsibility to decide what matters, and when to get it done. Don’t let others prioritize it for you.
- Don’t keep separate work and personal calendars or priority lists.
- Frequently take stock of what’s working and what’s not, because it’s always changing. Put those things on your calendar.
- Schedule time for small, manageable steps in the areas of their life they’ve identified as important instead of just identifying huge, lofty goals.
- Focus on and celebrate what does get done, not what falls by the wayside. Accomplishing small tasks is better than nothing.
Great advice for promoting and maintaining work/life balance!